You can find official intro and images at Canon USA.
Canon Inc. claims:
“Canon’s newly-developed Dual Pixel CMOS AF, a phase-detection autofocus (AF) technology on the camera’s image sensor plane, enables users to shoot video with the new EOS 70D close to the quality of a video shot with a camcorder. Dual Pixel CMOS AF employs a revolutionary CMOS sensor on which all of the effective pixels are able to perform both still imaging and phase-detection AF simultaneously to achieve dramatically improved AF performance over other EOS cameras during Live View shooting and when shooting video.”
Canon 70D Specs
- 20.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 5+ Image Processor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF with Live View
- 3.0″ 1,040k-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen
- Full HD 1080p Video with Move Servo AF
- Built-In Wireless Connectivity
- 19-Point All Cross-Type AF System
- Continuous Shooting Rate Up to 7 fps
- ISO 100-12800 (Expandable to ISO 25600)
- Scene Intelligent Auto Mode
The EOS 70D Digital SLR camera is scheduled to be available in September 2013 for an estimated retail price of $1199.00 for the body alone and $1349.00 bundled with an EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens or $1549.00 bundled with the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM lens. Also available will be a new Battery Grip BG-E14 that conveniently accepts up to two LP-E6 battery packs or a set of six AA batteries for an estimated retail price of $270.00.