Welcome to 2010. The question you should ask yourself now is: what can I do in 2010 that will make me a better videographer than I was in 2009? The answer is probably not a new piece of gear but a behavioral change.
I spoke about this to a few videographers and their suggestions were:
- spend more time working on the score/sound effects.
- spend more time preparing for the shoot (storyboard, script, etc..).
- shoot a narrative story instead of just concept videos.
- participate in every video contest.
- work with an assistant (or even better, a mentor).
In my case, my resolution is to film at least two short story. What are you going to do?
I also have a few resolutions regarding the website and its content. While 2009 was a great year for Canon5dTips, 2010 will be much bigger! I have:
- a few products that have been in the pipeline for (what seems) ever and should be out this year
- a plan to change the site design and content structure to something very cool and stylish
- something I cant even talk about yet
Happy new year!