Here is the executive summary:
- 18 MP APS-C CMOS sensor
- Advanced creative features with Basic +
- Vari-angle 7.7cm (3.0”) 3:2 ratio LCD
- Full HD movies with manual control (same settings as the 7D)
- DIGIC 4
- ISO 100-6400, H:12800
- 5.3fps shooting for up to 58 JPEGs
- 9-point cross type AF System
- iFCL metering with 63-zone Dual-layer Sensor
- Integrated Speedlite transmitter
- In-camera RAW processing
Priced at about 1100$, it is probably going to replace the 7D as the second camera for a lot of shooters (and main camera for a lot of people too!).
Other than its attractive price point, I really like the vari-angle LCD. Its usefulness is very context dependent but for shooting from a tripod or steadicam device, it is going to be a life saver. Actually, I think it is THE feature that will make this camera a must have for a lot of HDSLR shooters.
We will have to wait for official reviews before calling it a 7D killer, but lets say everything looks like it since they share so many features.
Note: Canon also released a bunch of pro lenses, we will talk about these very soon.
You can get it (reservation) here
. Hurry up, I think they will sell quite fast!