I usually don’t cover software updates, but the latest version of Magic lantern is awesome! Here is the executive summary:
- Custom cropmarks bitmap file
- Live histogram while recording
- Time remaining estimate indicator
- Automated Focus pulls
- Focus stacking
- HDR exposure bracketing
- Lens data (hyperfocal distance, DOF, etc)
- Cleaner, multi-level menus that timeout automatically
- Audio monitoring can be turned off during clip review
- Internal mic can be used (must enable audio.mic-power=1 in config)
- Output audio volume control
- Configuration file can be saved to magiclantern.cfg
Yes, you read it right: Automated Focus pulls! Go here to read details. I am not seriously thinking about installing this firmware on one of my 5D. Look at this video demo.
Hudson is doing some impressive stuff. I hope Canon is paying attention to his work and implement some of these features in the next update.
Thanks to 5D User for the heads up!
Update: Read the manual here.