I dont know if you tag, but I do. I try to do it a lot and sometimes it makes me think that the guys at Apple dont use the tagging interface at all…
- First, as I said in the past, when you open the Keyword HUD, the cursor should be in the search field. And the current content should be pre-selected.
- The search algorithm should not just look for keywords starting with the search term but for those that contain the search term, where ever it is placed. It is “like ‘%criteria_term%'” and not just “like ‘criteria_term%'”. Small difference but a lot of frustration.
- There should be some built in intelligence which recognizes when you have two similar tags in different categories and pops a warning.
- We need a feature to point the tags that are not used so we can do some cleanup.
- Is it too much to ask to have a tag cloud when we create keyword based smart albums? Please.
- Talking about smart albums, I would like to be able to have all pictures with tags X but NOT tag Y.
I think it is enough, for now… I dont know if you have guessed but I just completed a 2 hours tagging marathon. I was lagging behind in my tagging for a while and tonight I had to pay the price of my procrastination!