The Rodriguez list is a collection of everything that you can use to add production value to your film in some way or another. Here is my list
- Hospital (well, a vet hospital)
- Loft with huge windows
- Abandoned buildings (urban exploration FTW!)
- cars, but none looking especially bad ass…
- a few pelican case (military looking plastic boxes)
- plastic gun replica
- various computer for props and production uses (desktop & laptop)
- fake blood
- delicious cookies to keep the moral up
- cheap construction lighting
- almost portable diesel power generator
People with special skills/assets:
- Makeup artist specialized in special effects (yep, how convenient!)
- A few jazz/rock musicians with their instruments
- Sound specialist with his recording gear
- Heavily tattooed friends
- Friends who can look like tough guys
Looking at this list reveals some potential. I am definitely going to use the Pelican cases. They just look too good to be passed over. Of course the gun will be used, but with moderation since I don’t want to get shot at (for real) while filming in the streets.
Also, since this is going to be my first try at producing something based on a predetermined script, I want to keep everything in one location. It is just going to be simpler this way.
Finally, I want the clip to feel like it is part of something bigger. This way, if I ever want to add another chapter to the story, it will not feel out of place.
Next up: Sketching a story